Pages

Saturday 19 October 2013

English Bites! by Manish Gupta





This book is not a novel and it was very clear when I held the complementary copy of the book in my hands for the first time.

This book is about Manish’s journey in mastering the English language. Readers should not take this book something to replace the requirement of the basics of English knowledge; you need to have Basic English knowledge to understand and making use of the tips shared in the book. I think it is the first book written where someone has shared his journey of understanding and mastering a language.

I don’t know how easy it was for the author to sell this idea to the publisher as looking at the way publishing industry is going, most of them are manipulated and governed by some of the so called editors who run the show with some agents. Whatever the case is, I am glad this book is published. It is worth a read!

The book is filled with details and appealing flow about topics and narrations and all are about improving the vocabulary. This is a very effective and non-traditional way to learn the language. Initially I found it boring and wasn't able to understand to what is happening but soon I started realizing that this book is written differently for people like me who can try to master the language and can also realize at the same time – there is more to learn every day.

The book covers topics, words and also tips/tricks to help us understand the words and their meanings. Go slow, is the mantra to read this book which I soon realized and with that started enjoying the read. The details given in the book are mind boggling and will help anyone for sure who are willing to give a conscious effort to improve their skills and get better in the language. What I really liked about the book is the way it progresses; the transition is smooth and makes it a pleasure to read this book.

The cover page of the book gives an insight of the book and it grabs immediate attention.


I would like to congratulate and thank the author for writing this book, an honest effort! 

No comments:

Post a Comment